Home Forum Help Search Admin Arcade
Profile Photo Gallery Links Staff list Calendar Members list Recent posts
Welcome to The Train Station/Diner! Don't forget to visit our Sister Sites...
Family of Forums Coffee Shop 2009 TV Fanatics The Hideaway Coffee Shop Club Lupus/ MCTD Johnz Insane Empire The Tent Dwellers Pogo Finishers All That Care Our Hangout SMF Support Coffeenole.com

Recent Posts Giveaway of the Day Imageshack Uploader Go Down

The Forum Family Image HostOur Tube-The Family of Forums Video Host

And just that fast, summer's gone and fall's come on!

DeJaVue's Train Station and Tye Tye's Family Diner
March 29, 2024, 04:09:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to DeJaVues and Tye Tyes Site!
Just make yourself at home here, and have a good time!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Staff List Login Register  

the last person to post here wins

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58
  Print  
Author Topic: the last person to post here wins  (Read 41184 times)
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: February 10, 2011, 04:08:00 am »

repost from elsewhere, 

the goblin's mind was torn between the two previous posters now, certainly the benchmark of this thread seemed as high as it seemed deep, "...can't quite remember the witchdoctor's spell, think it went "pain to open ones eyes"..." mentioned the goblin at it, adding "...can't change the past now, nor return to it, but at least a sobriety of born of past suffering, simply one isn't the same person afterwards, one is just more aware of what is actually important in life..."

Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 20, 2011, 04:25:00 am »

repost from elsewhere today but worth posting the goblin felt

"...well slot, if anyone wants the goblin's power of absentmindedness, they will have to practice daydreaming, but living in Geneva helps, as does growing old too I suppose..."ventured the goblin as the slot swallowed the lines saying "...goblin, they're coming out, encourage them further and they'll surprise themselves with what they actually post now...", "..slot, is this another one of your devious ploys to get fed with posts again...", "...well yes goblin, it's that or your "one man show" here...", the goblin pondered, looked at the falling rain outside and then ventures "...OK, put like that slot, I'll tell them, besides, I did promise admin I would grow members here but first..." he reaches over for his coffee "...well then, the secret to posting is like judo in that "one has to fall first losing ones own balance making ones opponent lose their balance too, only then does one regain ones balance to finish the throw, simply if one doesn't loose oneself in ones own plot, the reader won't fall for it, the storyteller throws himself into a situation that they then fall for..." at which point the unforgiving clock at the bar shouted "..."time goblins please" as the scene closed again

Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: March 03, 2011, 12:24:35 am »

repost from elsewhere

the goblin agreed that the forthcoming "currency correction" was almost amusing until one realized that one was probably dealing with the life savings of most people in the western world here, saying "..."currency correction" normally starts with a loss of confidence in the financial system, resulting in high inflation, unemployment and bank runs, to which the government's first step is to resort to forced loans, coupled with a limit of withdrawals, as seen in Argentina, where as a result, people will then start to hoard money under their mattresses, to which the government will then introduce a new bank note thus forcing people to convert their hoard at a per person limitation, as seen in Vietnam, perhaps coupled by a "surrender of bullion" act, as seen in America, resulting in the currency devaluing to the lowest level after which, seeing that "system collapse" and resulting anarchy are not the goals here, things will go back to normal again, where the party that has instigated or witnessed this "currency correction" will lose the election having everyone believe that it is over and that it will never happen again, not realizing that their new state of poverty is, in fact, the spur to getting them productive again in a system where too much wealth is counter productive here is it not...", the goblin was just calmly watching its approach now, concluding "...funny how the media would have us look down at green shoots instead of the horizon here..."

Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 09, 2011, 11:46:09 pm »

repost from elsewhere

the goblin was thinking about that phrase "you can fool some of the people all the time, as you can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all the time", saying "...just a reflection on my part, but surely no one would know that one has "fooled all of the people all the time" because they're fooled by it..."

Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 19, 2011, 10:27:33 am »

repost from elsewhere

"...well all this posting is just practice for ones retirement I suppose..." joked the goblin about this game now, though the goblin would never reach retirement and then just vegetate afterwards as so many did it seemed, "...oh no, an internet self is a serious preposition according to mephistopheles, who had been adamant in explaining to faust that an internet self would serve one well in our final years as long as one slaves at it till one got there then..."

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:16:12 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 29, 2011, 12:55:20 am »

repost from elsewhere

slowly the goblin settles down and remembers this slot here that he had left through the distraction of his dailylife, not that he hated his dailylife, only that it seemed to ask for everything and always from him, "...all this demand on me is its need not mine here..." voiced the goblin probably aware that the little time he puts into "facing the slot" was perhaps all that actually set him apart from his nagging dailylife each time

Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 29, 2011, 12:56:45 am »

repost from elsewhere

Would that be legal or illegal drugs then

"...ah now, telecommunications is the biggest mind altering drug of them all..." mentioned the goblin, continuing "...and let us ask ourselves how many people could survive without their television sets then...", in fact, the goblin was far too old for any illegal drug, and yet he saw the television as the greatest killer of old people going, saying "...if you put an elderly person in bed for too long, they will lose their ability to walk...", somehow the goblin remembered that phrase the bed is the grave of the old here, continuing "...and if you put them in front of the television each day, their minds will rot for lack of any real interaction too..." the goblin was simply thinking of the old age home where his mother had been, and the growing problem of dementia in old people now due to their newly extended lifespans then, where their participation was not required in their television viewing, saying "...they succumb and drown in all this media viewing then, but here you can reply, so perhaps this is why posting is winning here..."

Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: March 29, 2011, 03:58:42 am »

repost from elsewhere

opening the writing box filled with all the letters mostly from his mother, the goblin knew that she had never written anything of depth since she hadn't taken much time in writing them, that they were simply her way of saying "thinking of you" or used a way to air out any particular problem she was facing at the moment, that is, with some anecdotal snapshots of village life mixed in, so the goblin didn't care to reread them at this point but, like a book one wants to keep on the bookshelf, he had kept each one albeit in a somewhat discarded fashion in this writing box till now, today though, knowing that there would be no more of them, he had readied a folder expressly to which he had scribbled down the title "Mum's and auntie's letters" while the writing box itself would probably go empty now, if not used for something else then, "...well anyway, who writes letters these days..." the goblin asked to himself

Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: April 04, 2011, 09:23:56 am »

repost from elsewhere,

what do I win

"...and what prize would you want, for what could equate to being able to post..." mentioned the goblin who would rather be able to post perhaps anything under the sun than to have some mere prize then, "...besides, a prize means that the game is over, and hopefully no one wants this to be over so soon, for it would be nice it this would go on forever then...", like as if the goblin's imagination would stretch to the horizon and beyond, "...for what prize would equate to this then..." repeated the goblin

Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: April 06, 2011, 09:39:35 am »

repost from elsewhere

Is "dailylife" the same as "real life"?

"...not really..." replied the goblin, continuing "...as I see it, real life is as opposed to ones virtual reality, whereas dailylife is opposed to the part of one that actually sees it for the distraction that it is, simply one could be just as sheeplike in real life as in virtual reality, but being aware of dailylife is perhaps the only things that separates one from being a sheep then..."

Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: April 06, 2011, 09:44:41 am »

repost from elsewhere

Very true, Goblin, On here we can be whatever we wish, young, old, male, female, however, some of us are just 'us' as we are in the real world.  We have no need to be other than that, it's others, who occasionally have a problem with it, why should anyone have to explain themselves to others to justify who/what they are?

"...indeed, dailylife just judges you by what you are, and reacts to how you behave then, weren't its categorizations of you formed from the moment you were born then..." ventured the goblin once more, adding "...whereas here on forumland one is remains anonymous regardless however truthfull one is, as simply there is nothing one can prove about oneself here..." continuing again "...and now, and since this much you have pointed out to me in your post here, that those superficial categorizations don't exist any more, you can be who you really are, so perhaps the real quest here is to find out who one really is by what one posts...", where a journey to self is how the goblin had often called it

Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: April 13, 2011, 07:20:13 am »

repost from elsewhere, just sharing

about leaving home, the goblin could relate, he had after all passed that point too, though many years back now "...ah but one never wants to do it blatantly now, and yet it has to be done, think of it in terms of proximity and not words then, adults use white lies, for that is the world of grownups is it not, not to dash the aspirations of others at once, merely to choose ones own path in life here, simply one can't live a lie, a life for others, where one only has one life, so one lies gently and slowly leaves, so white lies are the lesser of two types of lies then..."

74 32190 851
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 07:24:43 am by fleamailman » Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: April 24, 2011, 04:24:51 am »

repost from elsewhere, just sharing again

me

the goblin was having a problem with "me" as he saw them, perhaps the goblin was looking at the old fart now, but, at least, the goblin was still free, and would never turn himself to stone like the old fart writing this had done, saying "... surely then, it's better to remain unknown as this goblin here, than "all set in stone" as some known author, or that known person in dailylife...", simply their minds mused over the image of someone saying "see that person over there, well he's actually that notorious goblin on the internet", and then noting the observer's sudden and apparent disappointment at it all, but the goblin would laughed at it, saying "...serves you right old man, because you've seen madusa's face in your dailylife of course, ah but not me, no I'm alive and free for as long as you let it..."

Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: April 24, 2011, 04:31:42 am »

repost from elsewhere, a native american "last post" thread

nice pic. i am not as good with words as you brother Goblin. i sometimes stumble and my spelling  oops  when i have time i sitdown and write a few storys

the goblin too, was a bad speller of sorts, so he had to repost often across many sites, just to correct away those bugs from whatever he wrote that is, saying "...anyway, what matters is not what the others read here, no, only what one wants to say to oneself by it, why, because in years from now none of this will be remembered and yet one will have mastered this medium in ones own way, that's both the goal and the reward of posting here..", somehow the image of the native american, in that film starring johny depp "dead man", sprang to mind here, the parallel of it then, "...incredible wasn't he, somehow one could see what the author was getting at by that character then, that a powerful intellect, indebted to literature and poetry, feeling that fate had offered him this role of sending off to the next world a white man who happens to be called william blake as in his favorite poet, an action of no base logic, nor self interest, nor personal gain, just something seeming correct here..."

Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
fleamailman

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: April 29, 2011, 01:28:37 am »

repost from elsewhere, just sharing,

Quote from: ****xx
I can't be bloody bothered to make myself look pretty right now but I've got to because quite frankly, I look like a boy.

"...no no no, first you just need to be yourself without makeup, and then if he shows interest, amaze and reward him by wearing makeup, otherwise you force yourself into a corner here, or you will be jealous of something as unimportant as those looks which most men don't really care about anyway..." mentioned the goblin looking out over the frozen rooftops of the cold city of geneva now, "...ah my beloved city of vanity..." he joked at it but either way he still had to go out into this cold now, no different from those "hunter gatherer" days of old then, same old palaver

74 854 32234
Report Spam   Logged

every day is a gift
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58
  Print  

Jump to:  

Go UP

The Forum Family Image HostOur Tube-The Family of Forums Video Host

Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum